"Becoming a Project Manager is one of the most fulfilling things I’ve done. I got to know so many people and I saw how much they’ve grown. I learned so much from my core, VPs and Co-PM that I can say that I am a better person and a better leader. I admit that the work can become overwhelming but there’s a lot of people that will support you and help you along the way. As a project manager, you’ll also handle committees you’ve probably never encountered before (I honestly didn’t have finance or log experience before) but this is one of the exciting parts of becoming a PM. You’ll grow with your core and you’ll challenge yourself to explore your interests. If you are open to this kind of growth, I doubt it’ll even feel like work.
GTKM this year will be different as it’ll be reimagined under TND but the purpose of the project will stay the same. It aims to educate and provide MEAns skills and tools they’ll use forever. It would be a great opportunity to be part of the team that does this as it will also become an avenue for you to be more innovative and open minded.
I know that applying for a huge role such as a PM is scary. You might have apprehensions that you can’t handle it or that other people can do a better job than you so you’d opt not to apply. I also went through the same thing but I held on to my vision for GTKM. I want you guys to do the same thing, hold on to the value you want GTKM to bring to the table and push for it. Trust yourself! You can do it 🙂"
- Isabel Santos
With GTKM expecting changes in a wider scale, the VP has proposed the following guidelines to better guide aspiring Project Managers with their proposals. Recognizing that the proposal process may be slightly more difficult with this reinvention, it was only fair that the following flow be standardized to better suit the project's needs.
Suggested guidelines for creating the content of the proposal (IMPACT portion):
1. Develop or find a framework for problem solving or a systems mindset (or both):
Don’t be intimidated by “framework”! Your idea can be as simple as:
2. Revolve the program around this framework through:
a. Educating Participants
3. Be as comprehensive as you can with the details of your proposal! Given this is the first iteration of a new project, it would be favorable to see how you plan to execute the ideas.
Note: This is just a portion of the IMPACT part. Please do not forget to tackle other responsibilities within managing the project, or elaborating on other methods you want to make use of in order to deliver impact.
To see a sample of how this can be applied, please refer to this document: https://tinyurl.com/SampleOutlineGTKM
Inspired by various efforts of marketing agencies on Instagram* to provide free services to businesses affected by the pandemic, we envision MCD 2021 to engage itself outside the organization and offer its resources and skills to those who need it. In the spirit of magis, this initiative aims to provide marketing, branding, advertising, and/or creative services to external parties that cannot afford such services but will benefit from it. This can include:
The Sustainability Department forwards the advocacy of the organization. It executes activities and initiatives geared towards the education, application, and integration of corporate sustainability for MEAns and MEA’s projects. It focuses on deepening the understanding of the core advocacy among members of the organization and the external stakeholders determined by the projects and department of the cluster, to show that business can be used to create positive impact in the spaces in which it operates.
To be a catalyst that strengthens the relationship of CS with its stakeholders by deepening their acceptance of CS through relevant, data-driven opportunities for long-term growth.
Nurturing a CS mindset, maximizing resources, and growing together.
- aSUStance is the deployment initiative of the Sustainability Department. Through the deployment of associates to various projects, the department aims to better integrate and apply corporate sustainability and sustainable practices in project management, as well expedite the data gathering process for sustainability reporting. The roles of deployed associates include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Assisting in the use of Sustainability Department protocols and tools (such as the SIGs and the Carbon Footprint Tracker)
- Bridging the project team to the Sustainability Department in the event that the project team would need services offered by the department (such as core CS trainings)
- Acting as sustainability consultants for the project
- Collecting data for the SR during and after the project
- EnterpriCeS is an online Sustainability Department initiative which gathers various sustainable businesses in the Philippines in a catalogue with their corresponding sustainability ratings and information. Through this initiative, we aim to highlight sustainable practices and concrete applications of corporate sustainability, while also promoting support for local enterprises. EnterpriCeS exists as a series of posts and infographics featured on the MEAmore 2021 page, while the complete collection is available below!
- SusComm (Sustainability Communication) is an initiative of the Sustainability Department that aims to teach you bits and pieces of corporate sustainability every month through engaging visual media.